Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't Blink...



Don't Blink
Kenny Chesney

Don't Blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you wake up and you're twenty-five and your High School sweetheart becomes your wife.

Don't Blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did, turning into moms and dad next thing you know your "better half" of fifty years is there in bed, and your praying God takes you instead. Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think, So don't blink.
So I've been tryin to slow it down
I've been trying to take it in
In this here today, gone tomorrow world wer're livin' in.

I couldn't help but think of this song when I found this picture of Donovan. With a tear in my eye, I sit here in amazment at how fast time flies, and how I wish I didn't have to "blink". I wish I could slow down time. It's hard to imagine that this little boy is now a kindergartener, loving and playing sports, bringing home love letters and phone numbers and loving life. It's hard to stop and enjoy the moment when these moments go by so fast. It's somewhat overwhelming as a parent. As I am sure so many of you can agree with. So much of life and our precious blessings are taken for granted. I need to learn to slow down, take a breath, smell the flowers and enjoy these moments I have with my children.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Helloooo!

Man that is one handsome kid. So, yes, I do visit the ole Beehive State but I think the next time we come will be during 2-a-days which is in August. I'll just let ya know. By the way....did you cut your hair!?!? Or does your hair just look short in that pic?

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Oh, how time flies! Love ya